The main purpose of ACTE is to exchange good practice methods regarding EDUCATION OF ACTIVE CITIZENSHIP.
The resulting knowledge will be shared with stake-holders in all partner countries, through the produc-tion of project results.
The results of the intense work of exchange of good practices will flow into the construction of a handbook, which will be published in the form of an E-Book, to be disseminate by the partners involved. It will summarize all the good practices and methodologies analysed, the research and input provided by the partners, in English and in the language of the partners.
Citizenship education, using innovative methodologies and digital tools, can be inserted into different training programs and be useful to encourage active participation in public life, as well as inclusion, since it is a transversal competence, necessary to become active and aware citizens, able to share common values and to deal positively with each other.
The partners involded in ACTE project, are aware that the importance of educating to active citizenship does not only concern young people,
but involves all age groups transversely, because it helps both young people and adults:
– to exercise judgment and critical thinking,
– to develop a sense of individual and community responsibility,
– to be involved in local communities and in democracy at all levels.
Even more in adults citizenship education can be very important, not only because “learning to participate” includes skills, such as digital literacy, self-entrepreneurship, social and intercultural awareness that are often lacking in that part of the so-called “low skilled” adult population, but also because it can be an effective way for contrasting both social exclusion (including the phenomena of racism and intolerance that in recent years have increased in many EU countries), both functional and return illiteracy, that reducing the ability to understand the complex society in which we live. Consequently this can limit the level of participation in public life and the and the democratic participation.
The organizations involved in the ACTE project will carry out research and exchange of good practices, to iencourage adult learners in developing of:
– intercultural skills
– propensity to participate in democratic life,
– social and civil commitment.
The partners believe that these skills and attitudes can be favored in adults, through formal and non-formal learning activities, for this reason they want to share the results of the project with a vast network of schools, educators, adult training centers, social workers, associations, NGOs and people in various capacities engaged in adult education and / or in the inclusion of vulnerable people.
The results of the intense work of exchange of good practices, that will be carried out thanks to the ACTE project will flow into the construction of a handbook, which will be published in the form of an E-Book and will be the main result and subject of dissemination. It will summarize all the good practices and methodologies analysed, the research and input provided by the partners, in English and in the language of the partners.
The goal is to produce a useful tool, so that other associations, social enterprises, training institutes and universities promote non-formal education initiatives for adults in the field of participation and active citizenship, as bridges to formal education; to labour market and social inclusion.
The project ACTE aims to achieve the following objectives:
– identify through a search in each participating country what are the “obstacles” to the active participation of citizenship, in terms of lack of information, communication and cooperation between stakeholders, gaps in basic-IT knowledge.
– to promote the exchange of good practices on didactic methodologies and training courses for active citizenship education for adults;
– strengthen the skills of the staff involved in training adults in citizenship education;
– collect, develop and innovate tools present in the various countries for learning active citizenship;
– realize an e-book, which collects the good practices and results of the project, also indicating “training modules”, which use non-formal education methodologies, available online and offline, to promote education for active citizenship for adult learners.